Monday 16 July 2007

New ideas NOT inspired by Nerys Hughes!!



Thinking of all the things I want to make, have been on a bit of a splurge and bought an overlocker (it's a brother, not rich enough for a babylock). Hoping that a) it will neaten up my dire fabric cutting, by overlocking all my pattern pieces before I do the darts, seaming etc on the trusty ol' singer sewing machine. And b) I'll be able to get the full benefit of rolled hems, especially on jersey fabrics (supposed to give a lovely lettuce effect, apparently, which I can't wait to try). With this in mind, I've also coughed up for this lush bit of stretch jersey, on the right, want to adapt this pattern here http://www.voguepatterns.com/item/V8229.htm?tab=very_easy_vogue_dresses_br_includes_koko_beall_designer&page=3 (the dress on the right) and yes, I know I'm a beginner and stretch jersey is a nightmare but, I may just pull it off. This pattern is soooo highly adaptable that I want to do a version in bottle green large gingham for the main body of the dress (without the bottom ruffle) but make the collar into a kind of mary quant blouse collar, in white cotton. T'will be very cute.

No comments: