Monday 23 July 2007

A charitable moan.

I do love the current vogue for refashioning old clothes, think it's an excellent way to end up with something completely one-off, plus I love rumaging in charity shops (they call them thrift stores in the states, how wonderful is that, much more romantic than charity shop). I should qualify this comment, I love rooting around in a 'proper' charity shop, to my mind there are far too many of them into selling branded fairtrade shopping bags (Oxfam and Cancer Research being the worst offenders) and flogging Next cast offs (looooaaathe Next) for hugely inflated prices. There is nothing wrong with Fairtrade anything, buy quite a bit of Fairtrade stuff myself but 5 quid for a t-shirt you can buy in a pack of 3 for a tenner is a bit much. The much more interesting charity shops are the smaller ones, that still sell old ladies wares for 50p a pop, all lined up on rails that make absolutely no sense whatsoever. Rumaging heaven!!
It was in just such a shop that I picked up this little beauty for the princely sum of (yes, you guessed it) 50p, I was actually looking for something to refashion and this polka dot number caught my eye, hmm, I thought, jumpsuit. But when I got it home and laid it out on the bed, I realised that I love this cute little thing just as it is, although I may have to alter the waist, it's a bit big. So I shall keep rumaging for the perfect material in a naff dress to change into a shorts jumpsuit. Wish me luck!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: