Sunday 1 July 2007

A bit of skirt.

This gorgeous bit of granny curtain fabric will eventually be magically fashioned into the aforementioned 'one hot skirt', of Betsy Ross fame.
I love the exaggerated blooms and although the fabric has no real 'drape', I'm thinking (or rather hoping) that this won't matter for an A line skirt, and that the stiffness will provide the requisite shape.
I have metres and metres of this adorably retro print fabric, so if the skirt is a big success, then I will make a cute shift dress with the rest.... Or maybe a tea dress, you know, the sort that ladies from the 50's used to wear whilst attending the local dance, drinking tea and waiting for a 'gentleman' to ask for a waltz. Wearing such a dress, I would waft down the promenade of a suitably dated seaside town in order to take tea and scones until it was chilly enough to wear my handknitted cardi (naturally in a pale shade of pink), with lace panels on it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: