Monday 9 July 2007

As you may have gathered from my previous posts, I have a bit of a passion for retro clothing, expecially anything from the 60's or 70's, although I'm not immune to the charms of a 1940's tea dress either. I purchased this very 70's naff tank top pattern from our local market, apparently the stall holder was given an album of patterns from one of his patrons (love that word) whose mother had died and was selling them for 10p a pop (bargain). Predicatably I just had to buy it, it's sooo Liver birds, I completely fell in love with it. I didn't want to knit it in wool so scoured the net for some mercerised knitting cotton (Wendy's Supreme), all the better to make it supremely naff. Checked before I bought it that it had the correct knit tension, when I received the wool knitted up a swatch (love that word too) and got stuck in. Seems to be going ok, so far, need to make a grey A line skirt to go with the tank (already own the boots) and I'll be the South's answer to Nerys Hughes. And not the Heartbeat version either!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: