Wednesday 18 July 2007

And Back to Nerys!!





I may have mentioned that I love 70's clothing, probably because I was born in the 70's but didn't have the misfortune to be a teenager in the 70's! Anyway, at the moment I have 2(!!) 70's style vest tops on the go in my knitting bag, which I know I will adore once I get round to finishing them. One is a wool in a cranberry colour and the other I have chirruped about further up these pages. I love the idea of these with an A-line skirt and a blouse with an exaggerated collar in the style of the petal of a large flower and I expecially like the idea of them knitted in Wendys double knit cotton. There's something beguilling about the shiny cheapness of its mercerised strands, which brings to mind the naffness of the man made fibres of that decade, but in a good way. I would rather like to knit one of these in Wendys dk cotton but with the ribbing in dark navy, here http://www.dragonyarns.co.uk/erol.html#3062X3068 and the main body of the tank in cream http://www.dragonyarns.co.uk/erol.html#3062X3073. Maybe I'll progress to a camel football managers coat a'la Gene Hunt of Life on Mars fame (lol), although I think that maybe taking irony slightly too far.


Disclaimer: I should point out that I do not nor shall I ever possess a camel football managers coat, if I ever seriously consider it, please feel free to call the men in white coats.

No comments: