Saturday 10 May 2008

A PAIR of sock, yes, I've managed a pair!

I am now a working woman, so my commute has provided ample opportunity to whittle down my WIPs and turn them into FOs. Knitting on a train has many pluses, the top one being that if someone tries to invade your personal space, you can stab them with a needle! This week I have managed to finish my cotton bedsocks, yes I now have an actual pair and I love them, the patterned cotton knitted up reminds me of sunset or a thundery sky and although the ribbing could have been a bit tighter, I'm happy with them, I will be slathering my feet in foot butter tonight and popping them over the top, my husband will be thrilled!

The wool on the right is a purchase from my short trip to iknit, the middle one is a ball of Kaffe Fassett from Regia that will be perfect for a pair of socks, (this time I am going to use short rows to turn the heel) and the other two I picked up from the bin wonderfully marked 'Don't be afraid, it's only acrylic' (have I mentioned I don't do acrylic snobbery), they are Robin, which is one of the brands I am not mad about admittedly but they do have a nice felty feel to them and will be perfect incorporated into one of my odds and ends bags that I am making.


4 comments:

Leah said...

LLOOVVEE the socks - if you are ever willing to take commissions I'd love a couple of pairs.

I wear socks permenantly - and ALWAYS in bed - even when we went to Sri Lanka!!

Unknown said...

fabby socks. I wear socks all the time too, it feels wrong to not have cozy feet!!!

Annie B said...

great socks - I love bedsocks too

Suzanne Vaughan said...

Ranting - I have tagged you - see my blog x