Sunday 4 May 2008

A berry nice bag.




I realised the other day that it is my Mother in Laws birthday very soon, now she is a very lovely woman, am immensely fond of her and she hinted the other week that she wouldn't mind if I knitted her a knitting bag.

For quite a while now I have been wanting to knit this
the knitting needle knitting bag and so I grabbed the opportunity with my usual enthusiasm (which means I will work like a demon on it for a couple of days and then get bored and move onto something else for a while, then return to it with all the joy of someone being hauled up by a firing squad).

My MIL is a very pink type of lady, in fact you would have seen evidence of this in her curtains on a previous post, so I popped down to the market for a 200g ball of Bretts best acrylic (I am not an acrylic snob, in fact I think a knitting bag demands acrylic, especially if you're using a Berry stitch). The yarn is called Marble and the pinky, purply, orangey one is for my MIL, while I was there I spotted the beautiful greeny blue one the evidence of which is at the top and bagged it for myself. You can't really see the real colours from the photo but it's a lovely bluey green which I am absolutely besotted with and I love the way the berry stitch makes the colours pop. And although I now have absolutely loads of knitting bags, witness my recent bag making extravaganza, I will be toteing it along to my knitting group with cheerful abandon. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Annie B said...

both look absolutely gorgeous - I like this berry stitch a lot (never saw it before)

darren said...

Very nice bag! For indie clothing check out urbancove