Sunday 18 May 2008

Another owl and a bit of crochet lace.


That wonderful MNer known as Gingermonkey, requested another owl, so I've done another, as you can see, in return she sent my dd a beautiful Pirate Cat, will post photos, when I can actually get hold of the cat as dd has taken to carting said cat about with her everywhere, it goes to bed with her, it roams around the house with her, she is in short, absolutely smitten with it, thank you GM, it is gorgeous, although dd does swap the neckerchief around and sometimes poor old pirate cat has to suffer the indignity of wearing it's neckerchief as a pair of knickers!!

Have been working slowly on the flapper doll but, still not finished, my short attention span keeps wandering off to other things but I aim to finish it by the end of this week, crafting has taken a bit of a back seat to real life this week but I did experiment with this crochet lace pattern the other night from Lily Chin's Couture Crochet book, which if I have enough of this yarn will become a lace stole, not just any old lace stole mind, but the Molly Ringwald lace stole and I really REALLY want to crochet the Molly Ringwald lace pattern crochet dress but that will have to wait until I have enough time and money to buy the yarn!

Have auburn hair, will channel Molly Ringwald!

2 comments:

JuicyFig said...

Hiya!

I have just found your blogg, and with pleanty of time before I set off to work, kinda got engrossed, and now I am almost late!
Loveing it! especially the socks, I have HUGE admiration for sock knitters (I have managed 1 baby sock...other half still WIP)

will be popping back soon!

Kath
x

Hells said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my {unlined} bag. It is currently being tweaked as a few bits weren't quite up to standard!!
I think I may have to make a few more. I have wool in colours that friends and family will love.
Loving the Molly Ringwald theme!! She was my heroine in Pretty in Pink.