Monday 28 April 2008

Bag lady and I've been TAGGED!!


Observing my fabric mountain, I thought it would be a good time to drag out the sewing machine and whittle down my stash by making some craft bags. The fabric for this stash bag came from a reccy in Walthamstow (recommended by an MNer) which cost the princely sum of a quid for a metre!! I lined it but I didn't bother interfacing it as it's only for keeping my UFOs in, (you can just spy a bit of one poking out of the top) and I've filled it fit to bursting already, as you can no doubt see. I made full use of the eyelet tool my Mum gave me and I bought a length of wonderfully gold naff curtain tie-back to use for the handles from the habby stall at Stevenage market.

Am now in the swing of it, so I am currently making a stiffer stash bag from my MILs dusky rose pink velour curtains (nice!!) and a denim bag using an old pair of jeans (which will no doubt be guest starring on these pages soon).

In other news, dear reader, I have been tagged by Greebos Whiskers
so if you don't want to destroy the wonderous vision you hold of me in your head, look away now.

4 jobs I have had:
A burger flipper in the, then, local Wimpy (yes I did have to wear the costume, it smelt, quite a lot as it happens).
Train Announcer (yes if you've travelled through a major London station circa 11 years ago, you have probably had the pleasure of hearing my dulcet tones. And I had the dubious honor of being the first female member of staff there for 15 years, what a trailblazer).
Booking Office Manager
Revenue Accounts Auditor (this is what happens when you are full of yourself, they promote you to head office, oh the giddy heights).

4 favourite films:
Dirty Dancing
Grease
Pretty in Pink (because Molly Ringwald is everything I want to be in this film)
Quadrophenia (love the film, love the fashion, love the music)

4 places I've been:
Hunstanton (what do you mean, where?)
Brussels (beer)
France
Spain

4 places I've lived:
Tottenham
Peterborough
Islington
Harringey

4 favourite tv shows:
Father Ted
Blackadder (the second, obviously)
Life on Mars
Buffy the Vampire Slayer

4 favourite radio programs:
Mark Lamarr on Radio 2
Radcliffe and Maconie on Radio 2
Womens Hour on Radio 4
And er.. that's it.

4 favourite foods:
Salsa with plenty of chili and lime
Pizza with chili oil
Macaroni cheese (added chili please)
Pasta with tomato sauce

4 places I'd rather be:
Loch Long
In my bed
New Zealand
Home.

Er, now I've got to think of someone else to tag, remember, it could be YOU.

Am back, I am tagging Littlegeckos.

No comments: