Tuesday 30 October 2007

Keeping the chill out.

Whilst avoiding my Wips, I decided I needed a bit of light relief and what better way to provide it than a quickie, or in this case, two.

I knocked these two little beauties out in a mere 4 hours with 40 minutes to spare (and all whilst cackling like a hyena at Most Haunted Live). I printed the patterns out from the shifio website http://www.shifio.co.uk/freepatterns/Beanies19pattern.htm and despite the fact that the white one looked more complicated, I tackled that first. I am really pleased with it and garnered a lot of complements from the fellow mums at the school gate (a notoriously hard to please posse', as anyone who's ever visited a school gate will agree).
The red one is also lovely but, it's hard to tell from this picture, it is not in actual fact unravelling, it has matching red flowers sewn onto it. But they are hard to pick out in the photo. You'll have to take my word for it... it is utterly gorgeous!
Now what else can I make to avoid those pesky Wips?

2 comments:

Annie B said...

am VERY impressed with your hats - you remain crochet guru NO. 1
(can't believe you did them in sub 4 hours!)

Unknown said...

far far too clever, madam :)