Friday 26 October 2007

Barbara Warner, eat your heart out.

I have to confess that I finished my vintage crochet creation some time ago but, due to my compulsion to faff about with bits of wool, I've only now got round to taking pics of the finished result and here it is in all its final glory!

I am really, really delighted with it, the original pattern is a 60s/70s Barbara Warner one and I've left off the picot edging, mainly because I thought it would look a bit twee, picot has its place but not at my neckline!
I'm so chuffed that I'm considering making another one from this pattern (in another colour) but I have so many BW vintage patterns that I may just tackle a different one, after I've cleared my backlog of WIPs/Ufo's.
Speaking of which, I've nearly finished my 70s tank (the teal/turquoise) but I've made a bit of a pigs ear of it, (made a mess of picking up the stitches) so I shall finish it and wear it in the dark where people can't see it. Either that or I shall state that the holey bits are a design feature. And then I shall cheerfully move on, it's been a learning curve and I know what not to do next time.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lucykate Crafts... said...

love the dress!, i haven't done any crochet for years, must find my crochet hook and have a go : )