Saturday 25 August 2007

Rustic Francais!!

Fresh from 10 days of paddling in the lakes of the Auvergne and I'm feeling refreshed, invigorated and with a head swimming with ingenious ideas for crafts. Spent most of my evenings in a rustic house, knitting or crocheting, pure bliss, and although I still haven't managed to finish knitting up the rib on my teal 70's tank (see below), I did start another tank, which began with a Wendy strappy top pattern which I've customised. I didn't want a plain tank so, have decided on chocolate brown for the edging and ivory for the main body, taking further liberties with the pattern, I decided to put shaping around the waist, all the better to enhance my tiny one!!
Also managed to make significant progress with the 60's couture crochet dress and am rather pleased with it, it's really easy just a row of increasing trebles in one stitch then a single treble, with a row of double crochet on top, the wool is much blacker than it looks in the photo and I know I'm going to love it, worn over a pair of hot pants and black opaques....so cute!! On the downside, the wool is Debbie Bliss Soft Cotton which I will not be using again, it's incredibly splitty and definitely not worth the outrageous price my mother paid for it. Shame, I was expecting it to be a dream to work with!!



2 comments:

Lucykate Crafts... said...

very impressed with your crochet kitty kat!

best wishes from a fellow mn'er ; )

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous you can crochet - I'm useless and just get tangled in yarn!!! :D